Glacier Tax Prep
Your institution has purchased a license agreement so that you can use Glacier Tax Prep to prepare your U.S. income tax return. Each person who uses Glacier Tax Prep must have a valid Access Code.
What Documents and Information Do I Need Before I login?
Please make sure you have the following documents and information available before you log into Glacier Tax Prep:
- Visa/Immigration Status information
- Form DS-2019 (if J status individual)
- Form I-20 (if F status individual)
- Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (if you have been assigned one)
- Address Information (i.e., Current U.S. and Foreign Address)
- U.S. Entry and Exit Dates for current and past visits to the U.S.
- Academic Institution or Host Sponsor Information (name/address/phone for Academic Director)
- Forms W-2, 1042-S and/or 1099 (if you received any)
- Scholarship/fellowship grant letter you may have received (if any)
- A copy of your last years federal income tax return ( Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ), if you filed a federal income tax return.
How Do I Access Glacier Tax Prep?
“Click on the Glacier Tax Prep Icon for Access”
If you used Glacier Tax Prep last year, simply log into your Glacier Tax Prep User Account by entering the UserID and Password you previously created. If you do not remember your UserID and Password, select “Forgot Login” to retrieve your login information. Once you have successfully logged into Glacier Tax Prep, you will be prompted to enter the Access Code assigned to you by your Glacier Tax Prep Primary Contact.
If you return to Glacier Tax Prep to modify or reprint your tax return, at the Glacier
Tax Prep login page enter the Password and UserID you selected at the time you
created your User Account; do not enter the originally assigned Access Code.