Skip to main content

I have a room and board scholarship; should I receive a Form 1042-S?

  • Yes, if you are a nonresident alien, your room and board is a taxable scholarship subject to withholding and reported on Form 1042-S under Income Code 15. If you were exempt under the terms of a tax treaty, no tax would have been withheld but you should still receive a 1042-S.