Skip to main content

I came to the United States from Poland as a J-1 Research Scholar with a DS-2019 end date in 2010. Can I claim a treaty benefit?

  • No, Article 17 (Teachers and Researchers) of the treaty with Poland provides a 2-year treaty benefit for residents of Poland invited to the United States by a university or other recognized educational institution “for a period not expected to exceed two years” for the purpose of engaging in research.