Tax Treaty Information
- What’s a Tax Treaty?
- I am a citizen of the Peoples’ Republic of China (PRC) and was living and working in Switzerland for 5 years before I came to the United States as a researcher. Can I claim a treaty benefit for my compensation based on the treaty with China?
- I came to the United States in F-2 status but changed status to F-1 after being here for a year. Can I claim a treaty benefit?
- I am a researcher from France and claimed a benefit as a researcher under the treaty on my last visit to the United States. Can I claim a treaty benefit for this visit?
- I came to the United States from Poland as a J-1 Research Scholar with a DS-2019 end date in 2010. Can I claim a treaty benefit?
- I have been claiming treaty benefits under Article 20A (Teachers and Researchers) of the treaty with the U.K. Can I stay beyond 2 years and keep the treaty benefits if I am not paid?