Payroll Tax Withholding
Employees that need to update their payroll tax withholding can complete the appropriate forms below. All documents are in PDF format unless otherwise listed.
After completing updated withholding forms, please use LiquidFiles to securely submit the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. The developer of LiquidFiles provides instructions on sending documents if needed. Completed forms should not be submitted using normal email as they will contain your Social Security number. Tax withholding cannot be updated until updated forms have been submitted. Withholding updates cannot be backdated.
Submitting an updated state income tax withholding form will not update your address in the payroll system. Your address can be updated through the WVU Portal (VPN connection required). Instructions on updating your address can be found in the WVU Shared Services Center Knowledge Base.
Federal Tax Withholding Update Form
State Tax Withholding Update Forms
- West Virginia WV IT-104, West Virginia Employee's Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Kentucky Withholding Request
- Maryland MW507, Employee's Maryland Withholding Exemption Certificate (also requires completion of WV IT-104NR)
Ohio IT 4,
Employee's Withholding Exemption Certificate
(also requires completion of WV IT-104NR)
- Pennsylvania Withholding Request
- Virginia VA-4, Employee Withholding Exemption Certificate (also requires completion of WV IT-104NR)
- West Virginia WV IT-104NR, West Virginia Certificate of Nonresidence
West Virginia WV IT-104.1,
Low-Income Earned Income Exclusion